Friday, July 6, 2007

Mental Note: Anime Expo 2007

This entry doubles as a con-report. I have been attending AX for the past four years, and I must say, this is one of the best ones I have ever been to. First off, the registration line was quick, it took me less than an HOUR to get my badge and get to wandering around. The Artist Alley was amazing, as they gave them lots of room to spread out their tables and such; it was kind of hard wandering through there with the Video Game, and Workshop room right there but we managed. The Dealer's Room was neatly organized by rows separated by numbers, making finding a certain dealer a snap.

Of course with the good, must come the bad. I realize that there are things that happen outside one's control. Waiting in the AMV line for over two hours was brutal. Until the sun went down under the buildings, then it was all right.

As for the Cosplay this year, there were lots of really stunning Costumes that people made and wore. It made me really happy that I was also able to attend in costume. I cosplayed Phoenix Wright from the Capcom game series and people responded extremely well to it. I think Ive found a costume I can wear anywhere, since its a nice suit outside of Cosplay as well. I also did a first at this years Anime Expo: I made a gathering. Whats a gathering you ask? Well, quite simply, its a group of people who get together from the same game/anime/manga. We had a really good turnout, I counted at least 42 people in one shot.

Well...this is my AX con report, I know its still 300+ days away, but I'm excited for next year's AX!

No comments: