Saturday, January 19, 2008

Movie Review: Cloverfield

Yes. A review of 'Cloverfield'. Basically, this is the Blair Witch Project with monsters running around New York destroying it. I didnt find this movie thrilling or exciting at all. I don't know if its just me, or what but I was not scarred even with the head of Liberty being tossed through the air. The only part I liked was Hud, being the narrator throughout the entire thing, he made it funny to watch. I need to pay one of my friends, since they paid for my movie, since I didn't think it was that good. It had the whole 'shaky, handheld cam thing.' which didn't really do anything for me. So there you have the review of Cloverfield.

One thing I think they should have done, would have been to explain the monster as they went along, rather than flashing back to the day's previous events. Thats just my thing, hopefully they will something do that for the special features about explaining the monster and all that jazz.

1 comment:

Robins Blog said...

I totally agree with you.....The best part about Cloverfield was the popcorn! A weaker person would have gotten sea sick with all the camera shaking!