Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Food Awareness

So. I know this is a subject on lots of peoples' minds and there are plenty of weight loss options; but the real kicker is our society. 

Think about it: we associate many events with food, even the seasons. Summertime is here, we think about BBQ-ing, cold drinks, ice cream, and watermelon. Fall is coming and we'll be looking toward Thanksgiving having turkey with all the trimmings, ambrosia,  and plenty of desserts. Same thing at Christmas time. 

As a culture we are dominated by food. The worst part is that it's everywhere; on street corners, open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  I mean sure nobody wants to be hungry, but at the same time you've got to exert some kind of control of what we put in our mouths. 

That's what I'm learning to do: simply watch what I eat. I can say that I've lost 35 pounds from doing that and changing what I eat. Me and my girlfriend have been eating healthier, lots more veggies, very few deep fried foods, and anything whole grain. Plus there is a satisfaction that comes with creating your own meal. 

I would much rather cook my own burger and fries rather than pay for it, it makes me feel good that even though it's a simple meal, it's something I made myself. 

No comments: