Sunday, May 18, 2008

And now for something completely different.

Different you ask? How so? Well I am going to share my political view with you all. I know that the majority of people are quite bored of anything related with politics but just bear with me for just a moment. This would be my slogan: "Lets take back government." Why? Well, this comes from the Preamble of the Constitution of the United States: We the People. Notice that it does not say, "They the Democrats, Liberals, Independent, Republicans..." I would advocate to keep politics out of the government and lets just get stuff done. Working together makes a nation, not sects of people who cannot stand each other.

I know some people wonder when American became a place for political views to get in the way of actually doing stuff and I think I can place the time at around when it shifted from "We the People..." to "They the Government.". The time would be after World War II when America started to play big brother to the rest of the world. But thats just me. I cant run for the presidency because I was not born American, but sometimes Im grateful for such an event.

No comments: