Monday, July 21, 2008

HA! Killing two birds...

With one Stone! Well, I enrolled in a summer course at Lane this semester and one of the things the textbook suggests to do is to keep a Journal. Hm...Im pretty sure my blog counts as one, and also it says to just start writing about anything that comes to mind. Thats why its killing two birds with one stone: I get to do some of the extra credit for my class and updation for you guys! It totally works and I love doing it.

No joke, I could sit here all day and do nothing but update my blog. Sure other things happen in my life that I make a note of and it gets placed in here, and thats the best part: I get to write more. People who know me say that I can describe things very accurately while being 'On The Spot'. I really do not have a clue why I started my Major as Computer Programming....I suppose the dream was to make a Final Fantasy/Mario/Zelda/any name brand video game. But after a while; I realized it took much more programming savvy to even come close to what they do on a daily basis. I mean, I can make a simple webpage and a low-key game, but not like what they are doing: I feel its way beyond my grasp. Also I think the motivation was monetary gain; Computers are here to stay and companies need the skills from people to program the software and hardware to make everything work.

After taking several 'real' Programming classes at Lane I began to doubt what I really wanted to do in my life. Writing Algorithms(fake code) on paper is really easy for me to do; but when I actually put it onto the computer, it totally falls apart and its quite difficult to fix. It could be just me: I had a hard time understanding my professors, they pounded Syntax into my brain, but not the actual language. So there was a trade off, I could write Algorithms all day, but putting it onto the computer...was my Kryptonite.

Well....I think thats going to do it for right now.

No comments: