Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sadness...

My headphones of about 2 or 3 years died on me today. They are echoing or not producing some of the channels in the output. They are a nice pair of Koss over ear headphones...They've been with me...seemingly forever. Its kind of sad to see them go. So, I went to Wal-Mart to find a pair of new ones. I get to the electronics section and I ask where the headphones are. The guy shows me and goes off about the 'gummy' headbuds; about how comfortable they are, they noise canceling effect and so on. I wasn't 100 percent sold but they were inexpensive compared to the rest of them, so I thought, "meh, why not? they have the little earplug gummy end to them." Oh how wrong I was...

Leaving the store, I open the package to find...simply a pair of headbuds. No 'gummy' end like it says directly on the box and the electronics guy repeatedly told me. I was kind of disappointed and I went back to the electronics depot and kindly explained to the cashier my situation. "OH! don't worry, they're awesome! I use them all the time!" This was her basic response. I asked her about the return policy and I have 90 days to decide if I want to keep these...things.

Truthfully, I should have just returned them right then, but...Ill test them out for a couple of days and see if I want them. Now...Mental Note of the day...ALWAYS, ALWAYS get a different opinion from a different worker. Better yet, just trust your gut.

1 comment:

Timmah said...

Even Better than that, NEVER trust an electronics Wal-Mart employee. They would put cow poo on there head and tell you it sounds great!you should just go to costco and get a 50 or 70 dollar pair of over the ears like mine. They will last forever, and they sound quality is pretty much unmatched...unless you have 250 bucks to spend on some "Bose" head phones.