Monday, August 4, 2008

Game Review: Soul Calibur 4

So, I picked up this game, and let me say this: It is one of the nicest looking games out there. Bandai-Namco did a wonderful job with this one, despite some minor quirks. For one, the Apprentice battles are WAY, WAY difficult. I don't know if it was just me, but I got my butt handed to me for a solid 15 minutes. It was painful to watch him kill me in about 18 seconds...it was kind of frustrating.

Now, I haven't unlocked everything in the game, but I have played with Darth Vader, and he is a remarkably well balanced character. I believe I found my new favorite character other than Kilik. As for the story mode, there is not much, its basically fighting people at random locals and after about 5 fights it moves to the final boss. OH! a note: the final boss was so much easier than the Apprentice. The character creation section of the game has been really revamped, anything you want customized, it can be done: from the pitch of the voice to the color of their eyeballs. Even their facial structure can be played around with to make your own perfectly unique character.

I have always been a big fan of the Soul Calibur series ever since the second game on the Gamecube featuring Link. The series continues to impress me with each entry. Though they all have their little quirks, they more than make up for it in other areas. If you have a PS3 or Xbox360 I highly recommend this one.

No comments: