Friday, August 17, 2012

Nexus 7 and Goodbye PCs.

Like the title says, I got myself a Nexus 7 and am ditching the PC world. I have a PS3 now and can play awesome games on that and for the most part my PC gets used for looking at websites, Youtube and reading stuff online. I havent watched any movies that I had stored on my laptop and I figured rather than upgrading to a new PC with all the bells and whistles and dropping some serious money, I figured I would get a tablet.

I looked at this one and thought it would be a good substitute and would go with that one. I was determined to get it, but then saw the Nexus 7 sitting right next to it in the store. It was only 60$ more, with double the memory and the next step in the processor.

How could I refuse? I asked the folks at Futureshop if they had one, but was denied, "You cant find these in Calgary. They're sold out everywhere..." I was determined and there was another Futureshop on the way home and thought Why Not?

I got there and then asked, one went into the back room to see and the other guy chatted me up about the rumours about Apple's 7 inch marvel, which I scoffed at, and then from the back, a man came back with a box: It was a Nexus 7! I just about flipped my lid, we walked to the cash register, and he sighed, saying that he was going to buy that one after work! I smiled inside, and then a SMOKIN' hot girl came up to me and showed me her Nexus 7 saying that she loved hers. My grin couldnt be any bigger as I walked out the store, knowing I swiped the tablet of awesomeness right from their hands and will put it to good use.

Since this is my last post on a PC I figured that it would be cool to do a little send off for PCs, but I cant think of anything right now. Oh wait! Thanks for the games, word processors, and all that other stuff you do. Im gone to tablets and will never look back.

No comments: