Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Movie Review: The Forbidden Kingdom

So, last night I went to the movies. Its something that I rarely do nowadays since I don't really have money to do such thing, but I went anyway. I had no idea this movie existed until yesterday, and it caught my interest right away with two big names: Jakie Chan and Jet Li. Yeah, both of them are in the movie and they both FIGHT EACH OTHER! Least to say, it made me very happy to see both of them on screen for the first time. I thought the storyline was really quite good, think "A Kid in King Arther's Court" meets the Journey to the West story. The main character who stars also played another role I liked very much, being the lead in Sky High, though his name escapes me at the moment.

There be lots of cool fighting, with and without the wire technique and it all looks really good. All round, I thought this was a really good movie. I totally recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in Oriental films or just Kung-Fu films in general.

No comments: