Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stay with me on this one....

Its quite the dozy. All right, Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment trying to explain a certain aspect of Quantum Mechanics the thought process goes like this: A cat is put into a box that detects subtle motions of a subatomic particle and it kills the cat[thats the sad part, but not the point I'm leading to] what Schrödinger tries to explain is that until the box is opened, the cat is in a state of both living and dead.

Think about that for a moment: Something both living and dead at the same time? Its physically and practically impossible[Not to mention sad for the kitty!] So, until an observer comes and opens the box the cat is alive and dead at the same time. I've racked my brain trying to understand how something could be in both states of being at the same time...Until something recently came back into my memory: the pseudo-vampires of I Am Legend.

Although its not the most logical conclusion to come from my mind, I believe it makes the most sense of the thought exercise: Schrödinger's cat is a Zombie.

No comments: