Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back from the North

Yes. I am back from Canada. However, I am deeply thinking of returning not just visiting; but actually living there. Wages are incredible and its relatively easy for me to get to work, since I have dual citizenship in both Canada and the United States. This would mean a road-trip again(YAY) with all my stuff(packing OH CRAP!) but my grandmother already has a room all set up for me there, its just a matter of getting there.

Getting there however, might prove to be a challenge. My car is not in the tip-top shape it requires to travel 800+ miles to reach my destination. I am working on getting my car there though, as I bought a new air filter for it today, and plan on getting an oil change for it soon. There are also lots of mechanical hick-ups that need to be looked at inside my car, but I believe I can get there after all is fixed and done. My gas mileage will fall dramatically due to pulling a fully loaded trailer and filling my car with boxes and moving all that stuff.

I really liked being in Calgary, being back in my hometown. For some reason, it brought a sense of calm to me, and I would love to have that for the rest of my days if I could. Despite all the challenges ahead of me, I am willing to put it all on the line for this.

I do not have all the money to pay for gasoline or for assistance if my car breaks down on the side of the road, but as soon as I got it, I am gone. So, the earliest I plan on getting there is in about 4 weeks. My reasoning is that I get paid next Friday, but it will not be a whole lot; it will provide the finances for me to repair my car into the shape I need. The next paycheck will be my gateway to leaving. So, in 4 weeks it should all be done. Will I miss the States? Ask me in 5 weeks; I might have an answer for you.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Good move Tyson! I think it would be really good for you to work and go to school up there! ...well school should come first-then work. Think of all the pennies you can save making that much money and paying grandma a little bit of rent?!?!