Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back from the North

Yes. I am back from Canada. However, I am deeply thinking of returning not just visiting; but actually living there. Wages are incredible and its relatively easy for me to get to work, since I have dual citizenship in both Canada and the United States. This would mean a road-trip again(YAY) with all my stuff(packing OH CRAP!) but my grandmother already has a room all set up for me there, its just a matter of getting there.

Getting there however, might prove to be a challenge. My car is not in the tip-top shape it requires to travel 800+ miles to reach my destination. I am working on getting my car there though, as I bought a new air filter for it today, and plan on getting an oil change for it soon. There are also lots of mechanical hick-ups that need to be looked at inside my car, but I believe I can get there after all is fixed and done. My gas mileage will fall dramatically due to pulling a fully loaded trailer and filling my car with boxes and moving all that stuff.

I really liked being in Calgary, being back in my hometown. For some reason, it brought a sense of calm to me, and I would love to have that for the rest of my days if I could. Despite all the challenges ahead of me, I am willing to put it all on the line for this.

I do not have all the money to pay for gasoline or for assistance if my car breaks down on the side of the road, but as soon as I got it, I am gone. So, the earliest I plan on getting there is in about 4 weeks. My reasoning is that I get paid next Friday, but it will not be a whole lot; it will provide the finances for me to repair my car into the shape I need. The next paycheck will be my gateway to leaving. So, in 4 weeks it should all be done. Will I miss the States? Ask me in 5 weeks; I might have an answer for you.

2 comments:

Timmah said...

Tyson!

Man, quit worrying about all the stuff that you have to do to get there! You need to be positive, and not worry about the small stuff. Just fix your car, don't think about it, just do it, and then get up to Grandmas! That is a great idea for you, and i"m stoked for you if you finally do it.

Rach said...

Good move Tyson! I think it would be really good for you to work and go to school up there! ...well school should come first-then work. Think of all the pennies you can save making that much money and paying grandma a little bit of rent?!?!