Friday, February 20, 2009

Ringtones

So I found out that I can make a ringtone on my iPhone, taking a 15 second clip of one of my songs and plugging it back into my phone under the ring tone section.

I wouldnt have a problem if it was quick and easy to do with spectacular results. This is the main reason why: Apple wants you to pay an extra dollar for that 15 second clip of the song. If I bought the song, shouldnt I be able to make ringtones free of charge? Since I did already pay the dollar to have the song in the first place?

This is one of the things that I shake my head and place my hand on my face in a face-palm. Seriously, I think Apple is ripping people off by saying, "oh yeah, you can download any song for a dollar. OH and by the way, if you want to make a short ring tone, pay us another dollar." If I was going to put custom ringtones, I would do something....rather...'unethical' in some minds and jailbreak my iPhone and make my own ring tones.

Apple is not getting my dollar for a 15 second clip of a song.

No comments: